BEAR Bowl (Basted Eggs and Romaine)
Here is one of my favorite “go to” recipes for when I am in a hurry. It is fast and easy to make, Paleo-frieldly and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
2-3 Large Eggs (depending on your appetite)
4 Cups Chopped Romaine Letuce
¼ Cup Sauerkraut
¼ Cup Grated Parmesan or Gruyere Cheese
1 tbsp Butter
¼ Cup Water
Equipment: Frying Pan with Lid
1. Place the frying pan over high heat, as it warms add the butter and evenly grease the pan.
2. Turn the heat on the frying pan down to medium so as not to burn the butter.
3. Crack the eggs into the frying pan leaving the yolks intact. Season the eggs with ground pepper.
4. Once the eggs begin to turn white, pour the water into the frying pan and cover with the lid. Allow them to cook for two minutes then remove from heat. You can cook longer or shorter depending on your preference for softer or harder yolks.
5. Add the romaine lettuce to a bowl and add the sauerkraut on top.
6. Remove the eggs from the frying pan with a spatula and place them over top of the lettuce and sauerkraut.
7. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
8. Add Himalayan salt to taste.
9. Enjoy the heck out of it!